- Corbin E.M. Bass Clarinet Ligature
Corbin E.M. Bass Clarinet Ligature
Designed with clarinetist, composer, and educator Eric Mandat, the Corbin E.M. bass clarinet ligature is made from 10 year old (+) musical grade African blackwood and is suited best for Zinner blank and Selmer bass clarinet mouthpieces. Due to the size and taper of other mouthpieces, such as Vandoren and my own Corbin blanks, the ligatures are not recommended for brands outside of Zinner and Selmer.
- Unmatched response as the reed vibrates differently than metal or cloth ligatures
- Free-blowing feeling, does not stifle vibrations
- Deep, ringing resonance throughout all registers
- Tapered to secure the reed to a variety of mouthpiece shapes and reed thicknesses
To secure the reed to the mouthpiece, simply slide the ligature over the reed and mouthpiece and "snug" until the ligature stops. The contact points will secure the reed, and a short twist of the ligature will add an extra level of security. Avoid applying excess pressure beyond what is needed to secure the reed. Once secured, the reed will remain secured until the ligature is removed.
* The ligature will work on Zinner based mouthpieces as well as Selmer bass clarinet mouthpieces. A 3 day trial period is available to ensure proper fit on your mouthpiece. We do not recommend these ligatures for other brands of mouthpieces due to their differing size and taper.
**Ligatures are warranted for 3 months against cracking or manufacture defect. Damage due to neglect is not covered.